Title: Founder, Director and Veterinarian
- Bachelor of Science – BSc
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery – BVMS
- Post Graduate Certificate in Business Management – PGCBM
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists in the field of the Medicine and Surgery of Unusual Pets – MANZCVS (Unusual Pets)
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists in the field of Avian Health (Caged and Aviary Birds) – MANZCVS (Avian Health)
I am one of only a handful of vets in Australia to have passed my exams and gained Membership level accreditation with the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists in the field of the Medicine and Surgery of Unusual Pets as well as Avian Health. I really love working with all of the species we see and genuinely enjoy the challenge and variation of managing all their unique needs. I have also been involved in a range of field work activities from micro-chipping Western Spiny tailed skinks to filming with King Cobras in India. I’ve authored numerous scientific papers and contributed to a range of books. I have also presented at a number of veterinary conferences and have made a range of appearances on TV and radio. Together with my dad Chris we maintain a large collection of reptiles including a number of different dragons, monitors as well as some pythons and tree snakes.
Hobbies/interests outside vet: I really love getting in the ocean so on my days off you’ll generally find me surfing or kitesurfing. Beyond that I love spending time at home with my wife, family and furchildren.
Pets owned: In addition to the reptiles we have two Border Collies called Truffle and Willow, two rescue cats called Moppet and Mittens as well as four chickens collectively known as ‘the ladies’.