We try to get the students as involved as possible in our cases and this has meant that we have become booked out up to 3 years in advance.
This meant that students that were not as organized at booking their practical bookings were missing out. For this reason we have decided that we will only take final year veterinary students from now on for a maximum of two weeks.
At this stage we are not taking on any nursing students, prospective vet students or those from courses outside of the veterinary course.
The following weeks will be available each year to those final year students that would like to undertake practical experience with us:
Applications will only be open from the 1st of July each year and students can only book for the year that they will be in final year. Bookings can only be made for the next year (if you would like to apply for prac in 2017 then you can only book in after July 1st in 2016). The following dates will be available each year:
- 4 weeks in January starting from the first Monday in January.
- 4 weeks over the final year June/July break
How to apply:
- Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please arrive at 8am on your first Monday at our Balcatta practice (59 Erindale Road, Balcatta).
- Uniform: Please dress smartly in either scrubs, a collared shirt or your clinic coat. Please wear suit pants and closed in appropriate footwear.
- Lunch: Please bring your own lunch or if desired there is a small take away shop located opposite to Balcatta. Murdoch has similar shops in the food court.
- The practical experience is undertaken at both practices. A timetable will be worked out on your first day with us.
Murdoch Students: We also offer a streaming rotation elective that is available to those in the wildlife, small animal or mixed stream. Applications for this open towards the end of your fourth year or early in your final year.
Please note that if you have already booked in with us before we made these changes then your place is still reserved.