We currently take final year veterinary students from now on for a maximum of two weeks, and we will also consider fourth year veterinary students on a case-by-case basis.
At this stage we are not taking on any nursing students, prospective vet students or those from courses outside of the veterinary course.
Applications will only be open from the 1st of July each year and students can only book for the year that they will be in final year. Bookings can only be made for the next year (if you would like to apply for prac in 2017 then you can only book in after July 1st in 2016).
How to apply:
- Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please arrive at 8am on your first Monday at the practice you have been assigned to (59 Erindale Road, Balcatta or The Animal Hospital at Murdoch University).
- Uniform: Please dress smartly in either scrubs, a collared shirt or your clinic coat. Please wear suit pants and closed in appropriate footwear.
- Lunch: Please bring your own lunch or if desired there is a small take away shop located opposite to Balcatta. Murdoch has similar shops in the food court.
- The practical experience may be undertaken at both practices. A timetable will be worked out on your first day with us.
Murdoch Students: We also offer a streaming rotation elective that is available to those in the wildlife, small animal or mixed stream. Applications for this open towards the end of your fourth year or early in your final year. If you would like to organize streaming with us, please email email@example.com