The snake vet you have been searching for
Perth Vet for Snakes || Snake Vet Perth
The decision to have pet snakes goes beyond snake care itself. It is a case of time, dedication and responsibility, but it can very rewarding for you and your pet snake/s.
The Unusual Pet Vets cater to snakes across Perth so you’ve come to the right place. Our team has hands-on experience and knowledge in all aspects of snake veterinary care. From the reptilian family, snakes are elongated, limbless reptiles. There are approximately 2900 species of snakes – of which only 375 are venomous (which might help put any housemate’s reservations to rest).
Snakes are carnivores, they eat their prey whole and are able to consume prey three times larger than the diameter of their head. This is made possible by their lower jaw which can separate from the upper jaw, and to keep prey from escaping, snakes also have rear-facing teeth that hold their prey securely in their mouths as they swallow. The Unusual Pet Vets will educate you on how best to meet your pet snake’s dietary needs, enclosure preparation and management, as well as day-to-day care.
When to take your pet snake to the vet
Snakes require an extraordinary amount of care and attention. Sometimes deciding when exactly you should take your snake to the vet can be difficult. For starters, it is always a good idea to take your snake to the vet shortly after you receive them in order to get them checked for any parasites that may later cause illness. The following are signs and symptoms you should bring your snake in for expert snake veterinary care:
- It is not looking alert, not active and tongue is not moving
- Eyes and mouth aren’t clear
- It is moving around the enclosure with an open mouth
- It is not breathing normally
- It is struggling to shed (usually snakes shed all in one go but if it is shedding in little pieces there may be a problem)
- It is not eating regularly or omitting a foul odour when it opens its mouth
- You notice any skin wounds or lumps
Our qualified team has experience with the latest in quality snake care and can help with:
- General health check-ups including dietary or housing checks
- Soft tissue and surgery
- Behaviour analysis and discussion
- Advanced laboratory diagnostics
- Advanced diagnostic imaging (x-rays, ultrasounds and CT)
Why choose Unusual Pet Vets?
- We are a qualified team with a wealth of snake experience and knowledge
- State-of-the-art clinic with on-site laboratory, surgical and anaesthesia facilities
We offer fact sheets, training courses and documentation to ensure that your reptile remains healthy
Just like any other pet, exotic or otherwise, snakes need quality care that only a proven can provide. Call us today on (08) 9345 4644 (Balcatta clinic) or 08) 9360 6454 (Murdoch clinic) to book an appointment with an experienced snake vet or to ask any further questions you may have. We are also readily available to answer your enquiries by email at email@example.com
Snake Vet Perth || Perth Snake Vet